Monday 9 June 2014

Top 5 Mascaras



TOP 5 Mascaras


Mascara is one of my top beauty products. I rarely ever go out without it on as I have short to medium length lashes and although I have dark hair my eyelashes are kind of light and barely visible without mascara on. Over the years I have tried a number of different mascaras from high end to drugstore products and can finally list my top 5 products which are a mix of both high end and drugstore. On a daily basis I tend to use two different mascaras on my lashes because of the different effects different mascaras give. I also tend to put on a final coat of waterproof mascara to hold the curl and protect from weather or tears! ..So here it goes...


1. Loreal False Lash Telescopic in Hypnotic Brown


This mascara can be bought at the drugstore and is around £10 - £12. This is one that I use on a daily basis and it is particularly good for lengthening short lashes. It has a nice sturdy wand that has short bristles which help separate and elongate lashes. Whilst this mascara is good for lengthening it is not the best for volume. I like thick lashes as well as long lashes so I usually use this under another mascara which has a voluminous effect. 

2. MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash


This mascara I first used last year after being recommended it by a MAC make up artist. This is the first MAC mascara I have used and I can honestly say that it is one that I probably will continue to purchase forever. The wand is nice and long and the brush is long as well to ensure that it covers all the lashes. This mascara lengthens and elongates and can be used alone for an everyday makeup look. Another good thing about this mascara is that it dries slightly glossy and jet black. Cost: £15-£18

3. Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Black


This is one of my high end mascaras which I actually got for my birthday. I have never really tried any Lancome products but this is one of my favourite mascaras. The brush is in an upside down teardrop shape and gives the effect of thick fluttery outer lashes and more defined inner lashes. The formulation is quite thick and its buildable without getting too clumpy. Cost: £18 - £22

4. MaxFactor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara Black

This is another drugstore favourite that I have continued to repurchase for a number of years. It is the first waterproof mascara that I have tried and it is amazing. If you curl your lashes with a eyelash curler this is amazing at holding the curl all day. Most other products will tend to be a flop by the end of the day but this holds it as well as giving and nice amount of volume. This is usually my final coat of mascara. Cost: £7 -£10

5. Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara Black


This is an American brand that is quite difficult to get a hold of in the UK, although Mally beauty products are frequently sold and promoted on QVC. This mascara is great for volumizing without getting clumpy. The formulation is thin and buildable with a good sized wand and brush. I usually wear this mascara on a night out over the MAC mascara mentioned above to give a thick false lash effect to my make up look. Cost £18-25.











No comments:

Post a Comment